In Massachusetts Certification of Police Officers is handled by Municipal Police Training Committee (MPTC) which operates under the MA Executive Office of Public Safety. All new police recruits in Massachusetts must graduate from one of the municipal police academies, six regional police academies or the Massachusetts State Police Academy. All academies in the state meet requirements set forth by the Massachusetts Criminal Justice Training Council. rolex fake
There is currently no process for an officer to be “decertified” or lose their license. replica watches
- Fighting Police Abuse: A Community Action Manual
- Revocation of Police Officer Certification: A Viable Remedy for Police Misconduct?
- Police Decertification Resources, News & Updates
Contact MA Legislators
- Resolve H.2192 seeks for a “Special Commission on Peace Officer Standards and Training” to study and make recommendations concerning the implementation of a Peace Officers Standards and Training (POST) system.
- S.1256 seeks to develop and establish basic training curriculum emphasizing: crisis, de-escalation, and disengagement tactics and techniques; and ways to build community trust and maintain community confidence.